Most self-storage customers will never interact with a person during the process of finding a storage facility, renting a space, and paying the bill. Digital technology has made the process more convenient for everyone. However, this makes your website your head salesperson.
Here are some tips to put your website to work as an effective member of your team:
- Have your logo shown visibly across your website and on signage at your facility. Having a consistent brand will help build customer confidence.
- Have a professional photographer take photos of your facility. Try to pick times of the year when landscaping is fresh and green.
- Ask happy customers to leave a review and regularly post on your website. Monitor Google reviews and sites like Yelp for reviews of your property.
- Social media presence is a plus and can serve as an effective communication tool with existing customers.
Be the Expert
- Have a blog on your website and update it with fresh content on a monthly basis. Tips on storage are a popular option.
- Do your research. Google storage in your area, and check on what the search engine lists as “People Also Asked” topics. This can give you some ideas for blog posts or a helpful FAQ list.
- Make sure your Google business profile is active and accurate. Turn on the “Questions & Answers” option.